Every buyer of personal protective equipment has to be supplied with written user information on the respective equipment. Such information must comprise:
- Instructions for use, storage, cleaning, testing, etc.
- Protection classes and the limits of use (plus measured values, i.e. for sound insulation) of ear protection devices
- Information on accessories and spare parts
- Expiry date, expiry period and maximum time during which the equipment can be worn
- Information on suitable packaging for transport
- The meaning of markings and labelling
- Further significant data, such as materials, strength, impaired mobility of the user, etc.;
- Information for users has to be in German.