Necessary testing or trial runs of machines, plants or other operating equipment calls for the following action:
- The particular hazards that may arise (i.e. deactivated or dismantled protective equipment) must be taken into account, whenever possible additional precautions are to be taken.
- The workers must be skilled and must have undergone special training.
- Workers must be familiar with the proper response to irregularities or disruptions.
- The required safety, alarm and measuring equipment must be operational and properly functioning.
- For the purpose of risk assessment at work, effective protective measures must be defined and documented.
- Danger zones must be marked and, if necessary, blocked.