The different types of safety shoes protect workers from mechanical, electrical, chemical and thermal dangers.
- Mechanical hazards: overturning or falling objects, driving over feet, penetration of objects (i.e. nails) into the sole, hitting of objects;
- Electrical hazards: voltage-conducting work equipment, electric sparking;
- Chemical hazards: acids, alkaline solutions, solvents, wetness;
- Thermal hazards: heat radiation, red-hot particles, exposure to extremely low temperatures.
- All safety shoes must bear the CE marking and have been tested by an (accredited) testing institution.