In principle, the following regulations apply to windows, skylights and glass roofs:
- Direct solar irradiation as well as irritating heat or cold are to be avoided (i.e. by selecting windows or blinds with special characteristics)
- If necessary, devices for risk-free cleaning are to be provided
- Opening, closing and adjustment have to be possible from a fixed position and must not lead to any risks of injuries
- Light ingress areas for natural light have to correspond to at least 10 per cent of the floor surface area in rooms with permanent workstations
- Skylights and glass roofs must not be penetrated by falling objects; glass must not produce ruptures in case of fire.